Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lakewood, CA
May 13, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Benzodiazepines are the first choice of drugs for Anxiety, Lorazepam the one Im trying to avoid and remove it from my medication list, hey it works but it is a Benzodiazepine class drug and has side effects that bite, such as they are habit forming both physically and mentally, they are extremely difficult to get off the addictions. I worked and was trained in the drug abuse field while i the military when I say Benzodiazepines are bad news that is from my observation of dealing with that addiction. I used Lorazepam for about 11 years andvwas very careful in their use. That is why I am looking to replace Lorazepam Im getting some bumping with the drug and it has to be discontinued. Our bodies change over time and a drug that you once took may react differently today than 20 or so years ago. I have found that out with Buspirone or Buspar for short, my body has changed enough in the past 10 years that its working for me, Gabapentin is a back up to the Buspar, note I'm not taking Gabapentin daily only as needed and I'm allowed up to 3 300 mg pills 💊 per day. So they are being used as a shock effect rather than a built up effect. Gabapentin is a drug that does many tasks, some probably work fine and some not just depends on the person. Lots of room for unhappy results. Just a note, no drug is good or bad, they all have bad side effects, its only if they work for you without biteing you to hard.

May 14, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If people stopped taking all drugs because of warning labels no body would benefit from any drug and we would all die early!!!!

May 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, yes benzodiazepines

May 16, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good morning @A MyCOPDTeam Member. I am surprised that you were told you couldn't get off of clonazapam. Usually they just have a person cut down on the amount they take. You say you take .5 a day and I would think the next logical step would be to take that amount every other day, then every two days and so on until you are done. Don't listen to me though since I am not a doctor; it just surprised me that they told you you couldn't get off of it so of course I had to stick my two cents in here. I hope you have a super nice day today. Hugs, Chris

May 15, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you look up a drug they have a area that is called "Side effects" this area is where the warning signs are listed and when I am going to be using this drug I pay particularly close attention to this area, because this area tells me 2 things, #1, do I really want all these potential problems And #2 which side effects am I most likely to have based on my experience with this body and the third thing I learn from this area is my response to what I will do in resolving the side effect, seldom but sometimes the side effects are a plus, this may have happened once, "MAY" is the key word here. Gabapentin is one of those drugs. It is tasked with getting rid of Anxiety which causes untold grief and upset. Im not going to keep trying with that drug, its either going to work or I will try something else, to the real hard problems to solve their is no real easy answer. The simple answer to anxiety is a drug called a SSRI or a SSRNI class drugs they are a anti sycotic (bad spelling) and most people can barely tolerate the side effects or the drug itself but they do work. Im one of the people that refuses to tyr them because of the side effects. I would rather have the problem than the side effects. Yep anxiety is better!!

May 14, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ormond Beach, FL