I was never like this my whole life. Now I get anxious when I even think bout doing anything? Going anywhere, showers, even simple things.
Dawn! I can't walk right at this moment. Sunshine and the outside works wonders for my mind. I enjoy your posts. Reading may help. I love reading the Bible and doing online studies. If you're ever interested I know one that's fabulous. You're a blessing. Actually I have a friend who does paint by number. Beautiful!
Thanks Nancy for the feed back. I need to find a hobby I can do. I tried knitting and word search books but I get bored easily. I’m not an artist by any means. lol I could try paint by numbers I guess. Mayb a trip to hobby lobby would be nice day trip for me. I’ll have to ask my honey about taking me and my scooter. I use a mobile scooter when I go out cuz I can’t walk far with out being out of breath. And it has a basket for my portable oxygen. I don’t take many trips.
A heart attack ended my anxiety. It was called a broken heart. My heart has completely healed and no damage. Anxiety is the cause. I never knew anything about this until it happened to me. Reality hit after this. I always refused antidepressants. Not anymore. I focus on positive. I constantly walk and talk with God. Thank God I'm an artist. I paint constantly now for myself not for commissions only. Find something to occupy your mind. I also have started writing songs. I realize God is in control and I have NONE.. I had to surrender to this! I pray you find a solution Dawn.🥰
How do you manage anxiety that comes with COPD, especially when it affects everyday activities?
Anxiety and breathlessness often go hand in hand with COPD, and it's completely understandable. The breathlessness causes the anxiety, not the other way around—it's not all in your head.
Here are some strategies that help: