Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gloucester, MA

It seems I have developed a few new things! I have had COPD for about 7 years now! I am on a nebulizer, spiriva, ad vair 500/50 and a albuteral rescue inhailler. I now have really bad dry mouth and inside my mouth and tounge feels sore all the time ! Anyone else have these symptoms ???

January 21, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

also @A MyCOPDTeam Member here are some foods that have lots of zinc in them; lobster, blue crab, oysters, chuck roast, fortified cereal, pork chop, cashews, almonds, chick peas, dark chicken meat(thighs), swiss cheese, oatmeal, kidney beans to name a few.

February 28, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Try taking a low dose of zinc, it should help your mouth. I have a dry mouth from meds and nothing helps that but then zinc kept the inside from being sore.

February 26, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes definitely get ahold of your dr he can give you oral medicine you swish to clear it up . Get rid of your tooth brush as it is infected also. Now if your bold like me I rinsed with apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to 1/4 cup water, at least twice a day. That is the old fashioned remedy.

January 21, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It's very important to rinse your mouth with a mouthwash I found . That is also recommended to avoid thrush and dry mouth

July 7, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

many of the steroid type aerosols can leave you with Thrush.....that's one reason you're suppose to rinse your mouth out with water after using them....advair, etc. Nystatin swish and swallow should do the trick...ask your Pulm Doc for RX for it. good Luck

April 30, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Skegness, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In