Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
January 31, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I believe the most important thing about filing is your primary Doctor's report. It has to be concise and grave, I filed on line and was granted disability within 6 weeks, very rare, however I was 60 years old at the time, helps if your over 55.

February 5, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You will have to file a SS disability claim. Generally, you must be out of work for 1 yr. to be disabled. If your income is low enough you will also get SSI and Food stamps. Also Medicaid if you are not insured and Medicare if you are old enough. SS will send you to their own Dr. for your evaluation. This was my experience anyway. Hope this helps. Start the paperwork! You can file online also.

February 2, 2017 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

yeah I did,, but I think I screwd up. lol

January 31, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Should be able too get a good ss worker and file claim .

January 31, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You can get SSDI with COPD if you qualify. https://www.ssa.gov/disabilityssi/ should give you good information. https://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/pf... includes the guidelines for qualifying with COPD.

February 1, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Austin, TX

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In