I recall sitting at important group meetings at work and lose focus on the presentation because I all I could think of was when the next break would be so I could have a cigarette. Right now as I am typing this, I am thinking about going out in the garage for a smoke!!!
Last year I was in the hospital with a C.O.P.D. attact, I didn't even know I had it. I was in there for 6 days with all test ran and finally found out what it was. It had been 26 years since I smoked, so it was a shook for me. You can quit, I will keep you in my prayers for that. I am on oxygen 24 -7 and its really not bad I still can almost do what I always have but just slower. Good Luck and I know you can do it and would feel so much better :)
I would try & think of something else other than smoking. I also cut up straws that were about the same fatness as a cig & would either chew on it or even block part of the other end & inhale like a cig but once I made the decision to quit all cigarettes were thrown away & I never bought another one. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. Don't give up. If you slip forgive yourself & try again. Best way tho is not have any to temp yoy.
Jellybeans are good too
When I was in hospital - I got the short answer. Being given a wireless compact so my responses could be transmitted to the nurses station, I was told that I couldn't go out to the patio for a smoke as the data wouldn't get through the brick walls, and anyway I had given up. Pleased to know??
@New Member - Please take the advice KitKatz has given - Believe me with COPD, you need all the O2 you can get. Sometimes if you change what you do at the trigger times can help get through. I worked hard to get through the 1st day. From that day on it was easy - I just asked myself "Do you really want to go through that day ever again?" Each day that went by go easier. I didn't quit when I had COPD, I quit 10 yrs before my diagnosis. You have a very serious reason to quit. This disease is hard enough without smoking.
Plesae try really hard for your own health.