Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
angelsey

Does anyone else get help from there trained dog, or thinking of getting help from one
I have one there amazing they can calm you and sense when your unwell, and just be
there for comfort, or help with every day tasks that you find harder to do.
just thought I ask you all
Breath easy all

March 22, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I know I'm in a bad way when my cat won't leave my side when I'm sitting down and sleeps with me!
I realized it after the 2rd flair-up that put me in the hospital for 3 days, so when she did it again just before the third time and 5 days in the hospital, I watch her and become even more aware of what and how I'm doing things, loll so far ,so good

March 27, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I HAVE Jack,he is a
Chihuahua. If had him since he was 7wks .he is my medical assist.dog and has saved my life twice.he prettymuch trained himself to fetch my rescue inhaler when I was in distress..he will nip at me when my o2 gets low,sometimes I dont notice. He can go anywhere I go.he has a government numberof register,and gets a paycheck every month from the state. But he's my life and I know unconditional love,he's Jack,my lol papa!

October 29, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Consider Schnauzers, Bichons, or Poodles. Those breeds are known to be almost entirely non-shedding as they have hair rather than fur. I've had Schnauzers for 33 years with zero problems.

March 30, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @A MyCOPDTeam Member ! I never thought there would be service dogs for COPD. Glad to hear you are getting benefit from your service dog. Breathe purposely!

March 22, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes! I have Charley, the chocolate Chihuahua! So glad I saw your post, Sheela. I've been falling asleep without my CPap during the day and I was wondering why she jumps on me, licks my face and hits my face with her front legs. Do I stop breathing? She doesn't do it with my CPap. She was a stray that someone brought to me when my 13 yr old terrier died. So funny because I never would have picked a Chihuahua, because of their bad reputation as being aggressive. But she's all heart.❤️

November 1, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
South Glens Falls, NY