I have been choking on drinks, food and even saliva, have done this on and off for years, but it is getting worse..almost every day now. Afterwards I have an extremely hard time catching my breath. Bad enough that there have been times things would start going black on me. Is this a part of COPD?
I do this often, no acid reflux. I choke, mostly on just saliva the everyday normal we-don't-think-about-it natural swallowing (at least three times a week now). It is a part of COPD.
I have had this problem from time to time.It is caused by thick sucretion/phlem from copd. Drinking water, chewing food slowly does help. Talk to your doctor also.
I also have that problem. Not from COPD. It is from GERD. As long as I take my Omeprazole regularly, it doesn't happen. I also take Zantac. They are 2 different meds and do different things.
I have copd and it happens to me sometimes as well but don't know if it's connected it's really scary sometimes
I Have copd and emphysema and have this problem and my doctor has prescribed tablets called Carbocisteine 375 mg and they do seem to help