Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

The chocking and cough I think are the culprits. Trying to strengthen with exercise but sit ups are to painful.
Any suggestions?

May 25, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Try using oxygen when exercising.

May 26, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I broke and fractured my ribs by coughing up stuff too.. Even the nebs and inhalers help loosen the phelm so you will cough more. And exercise will over heat you and cause you to cough. A towel and try doing like your trying to clear your throat to bring up stuff rather than the deep coughs that hurts ya. .. Hugs !

May 29, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I would bet it is due to violent coughing and hacking. I broke 3 ribs this way, confirmed by a cat scan

May 27, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I think obviously it is from constant coughing. Sorry I don't know how to help you. I am not having coughing problems and not even using inhalers, just spitting up a little in the AM. Maybe you need to use nebulizer or inhalers at different intervals. ask your Pulmonary Dr. they may suggest some other method. May need x rays to see if there I damage somewhere. good luck and hugs.

May 25, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You might place a towel where the weakened area is when you hack and cough to keep the abdominal wall from protruding or rupturing DAH

May 25, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ont Canada

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
South Beloit, IL