i have a scooter that folds up and fits in the trunk of our cars. at home i use a walker for getting around. i truly recommend if you can to get your own scooter as some stores dont have any and the store scooters arent always fully charged and die out and they arent comfy. by owning your own scooter you an go to other activities outside etc. good luck easy breathing hugssss
@A MyCOPDTeam Member You are so right! By NOT using the wheel chair we miss out on sooo much! Yesterday I went to a local water park. My son and daughter in law pushed me all the way to the pool and when we had to go a little ways to the lazy river they pushed me there and back. It turned out to be a wonderful day I got to spend with my grandchildren. It wasn't as hot and it was an overcast day so the breathing wasn't so bad. It seems like if I stay in the water I can breath ok......not sure why it just seems to work! Wishing you well and many good days with family ahead!
No I don't I make myself walk when out of breath stop take a rest don't worry what others think when rested start again don't be fritend pick a point in front you want to get to and then at your pace walk there and rest again but try to increase it a little at a time and you will get there good luck
Hi everyone a few weeks ago I went to a wild bird show in Lincolnshire there was a lot of walking and I thought I can't do this but my wife bless her hired an electric motorised wheel chair for the day and it was great I went everywhere and saw everything a smashing day out but without the wheels not so good so don't be fritend or feel bad about it if you need it use it swallow the pride or the fear and do it you won't regret it I didn't love to you all take care and keep smiling x x x
@A MyCOPDTeam Member thanks for sharing. My grandkids (10,8,7) are my life and it kills me that I can't be with them. They are doing Catalina trip Sunday and really wanted me to go but even if I felt better it would be to much walking. I have been a big part of their life and they feel sad sometimes. They are really good about my oxygen and know I can't walk that fast or need a break. I will consider using wheelchair on long day outings like water park.