Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Friendship, WI

I'm very tired all the time, I get out of breath it seems with any type of exertion, how do you know when you need more help?

July 11, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Get an oximeter and use it to find out what your O2 sats are with activity. If they're less than 88 at rest or with exertion, talk with your doc about the walking test to see if you qualify for O2. When you take the test, walk hard so you create the situation that makes you short of breath (sob), so the test is real. If your doc doesn't know how to do the test, find a pulmonologist who does!

July 12, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Even with severe emphysema, my sats average 94/97.
Not everyone needs or will need 02, it depends on your 02 saturation levels, 88 to 92 are stil considered good for me, below 88 and its time to think again,

November 4, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My Dr. has me sleeping with oxygen . I had the six minute walking test now I also have a portable oxygen concentrator. I usual only use it when my oxygen goes bellow 88 to 90 % or if I have to go to the store and wear a mask because I have a difficult breathing with the dam thing on.

October 28, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Wow. You can line dance. I don't need o2 and can't even come close to that. Today is another rough one. I have trouble breathing when I eat. I also get sick on Albuterol. More recently I feel like fainting but don't.

November 19, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I really don’t use my Oxygen right away when I am at 88 . What I do first is do a breathing Treatment and that brings it up 93 or more. I use my portable oxygen when I am walking and shopping . When I go line dancing for about 45 to 1 hour I make sure I do a breathing treatment . I seem to be ok . If their a fast dance I will start but half way sit out and rest.
RoseGood

November 18, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
South Beloit, IL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oaklyn, NJ