Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Parramatta

I had a ct scan ,results said I have mild emphysema changes. I then went and had a lung function test the result was I don't have copd,I'm confused the dr said if I don't continue to smoke I won't die of emphysema can anyone please explain

August 12, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Some Emphysema like changes can occur because of pneumonia, bronchitis and other type scarring in the lungs. If you are smoking, quit now, and consider this to be a nice early warning. Many people do have signs and symptoms of emphysema and still have normal or near normal spirometry Your doc may very well be right. If you quit now, you may never have enough or a problem to even be diagnosed. Keep smoking and all bets are off.

August 12, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

and obviously you will quit smoking...right ?

August 17, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Jean your first answer was "Some Emphysema like changes can occur because of pneumonia, bronchitis and other type scarring in the lungs. If you are smoking, quit now, and consider this to be a nice early warning. Many people do have signs and symptoms of emphysema and still have normal or near normal spirometry Your doc may very well be right. If you quit now, you may never have enough or a problem to even be diagnosed. Keep smoking and all bets are off."
Your second answer was "If you have emphysema, whether it's mild, moderate or severe, you have COPD
My question to you is based on the person (garyy) his person physician Did NOT diagnosis COPD but emphysematous changes . Is it possible he could have HRCT Emphysema and not have clinical diagnosis ? thank you

September 14, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you have emphysema, whether it's mild, moderate or severe, you have COPD.

August 15, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Definitely doesn't want you to smoke! Just an opinion!? Agree with above notation!

August 14, 2017

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In