Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

It’s difficult giving myself the injection but worth it. I have COPD and emphysema. My O2 is pretty stable… I’m doing the at home sleep study for a Bpap for the emphysema

June 28
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am on my 6th shot. I had a strong reaction at first with very itchy hives. My pulmonologist told me to take an antihistamine and that worked. I'm not sure if I feel any breathing difference but usually I can stay off my Oxygen all day now so that is nice.

June 28
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have emphysema and use oxygen 24/7. Since a bout of RSV virus that really scarred up my lungs. I just did my 7th injection of Dupixent. I really don't feel a whole lot of changes in my breathing as of yet. However, a quick breathing test done by my pulmonologist showed improvement in my ability to do a longer exhale. So, he took me off corticosteroid inhaler and put me on Serevent, a non steroid inhaler. I have not had any flare ups since starting the Dupixent or non steroid inhaler which is one of the main reasons for the Dupixent added to my treatment. I qualified as I have a high eosinophils count. I also have a low tolerance for any medication that has Anticholinergics in them. Dr said could be up to 6 months to see a big difference. So, just keeping my hopes up and pushing through. At that point he will check my Fev score again as well as do blood tests along with 6 min walk.

6/28/26

June 28

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Tucson, AZ

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jonesborough, TN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
ashboro nc