Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Wales, PA

I was a smoker for 35 years have now been diagnosed with mild emphysimia have given up smoking through using vapes does anyone else use them?

September 9, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You have emphysema because you inhaled things into your lungs that didn't belong there. I don't know why you think that substituting a bunch of chemicals you can't identify for nicotine and all the associated tars and other stuff is any better. If you want to make your lungs better, don't inhale anything except your meds!

September 9, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

i do , but i use menthol and nicotine . i love them. but every time i have to but p new juice i the nicotine i down to the next level

September 27, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I pay $30 for a 120 mil bottle, mixed here, at my vape shop, and still use 3mg nicotine. I am planning on dropping to 0 nicotine very soon. I did notice with cigarettes, many years ago, that menthol cigs were giving me a horrible morning cough. My doctor at the time told me to at least get off the menthol if I wasn't going to quit altogether (the 70's). By the 2nd day of no menthol, I was no longer coughing! I never did go back to it after that. (Too bad I didn't stop altogether - stupidity of youth!!

September 26, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You can get them at Windang Rd Windang Australia. or online at www.ecigs.net.au.The eliquid ones work the best.

September 24, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Check your area for vape shops, and some retailers sell e-cigs like they would cigarettes. E-cigs are skinny and look like cigarettes, but vapes are boxy and give off a cloud of steam. I didn't like the e-cigs, but find vaping is relaxing and the vapor actually feels good on my lungs. I don't know if it is or not, but at least I no longer smoke cigarettes after 46 years of smoking.

September 24, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Wales, PA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Salem, MA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Staunton, VA