Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Port, FL

When I @exercise or do anything physical like gardening, (no O2) I get very weak and tired, not out of breath, but my O2 level is around 92-93. I have COPD and interstitial lung disease. I'm wondering why I have no energy to do the things I love. I have had COPD for about 4 years, and I'm 79 years old. I have always been a very physically active person and it kills me not to be doing the things I want. Does anyone else have this, and does anything help. (only on inhaler when needed) Quit… read more

September 28, 2017 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Tiredness is part and parcel of COPD, That said , the more exercise you do , the more you open up the lungs and the easier it gets , it s getting to that stage that s the problem , sometimes you can just bust through it and get there , other times you can t . Slightly out of breath is good , gasping for air is nt , so try and find your own levels , only you know what you can and cannot do on any given day.

October 19, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Here's the vicious cycle....your rush to get something done so you won'tt ose your breath, then you lose your breath because you moved too fast....lol

October 5, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You described me to a T. My dr. is going to do a thyroid test to see if perhaps my thyroid is not working right. COPD can cause low energy but, not to the degree you and I are having. I am 70 yrs. old and until last December I had lots of energy. I would go shopping for hours with my daughter and granddaughter. Now I don't last 2 hours and I need to go home and when I get home I have to lay down and rest for an hour or more. I have almost quit going shopping because, of it. I don't need to go shopping but, I miss the time with my kids. We enjoyed going out to eat and shopping together. We never spent a lot of money mostly just looked around but, it was fun. Now I don't go hardly anywhere, I just get to tired to easy. One other thing my dr. is looking into is low red blood cells. This can cause low energy also.

September 28, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

maybe your O2 drops in 80s when your working . do the 6 min walk test check o2 be for and after the walk

October 20, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

ThNkyou but not oxygen dropping been tested anyway ladies hope yr well good breathing x Bernadette bless you x

October 20, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hearst on canada