Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Innisfail, AB

Does anyone else bruise their arms and legs easily. My left arm gets covered in bruises especially the lower top half. No idea how it happens.

December 9, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

LeeAnn, The biggest mistake people make on here is getting stuck with one doctor, thinking he is God. It is very true that some doctors are miracle workers but all are just human. If you don't like his manners or his prognoses, find another. I've been through three pulmonologists before finding one that I am comfortable with. Be strong.

January 7, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am on prednisone it causes brusing easily because it thins the skin among other things.It is a bad drug but you do what you have to do.

December 10, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am a mass of bruises, thin skin, being a klutz is mainly my problem. I am always in long sleeves, even in the summer. I don't want anyone thinking my hubby beats me. I just accept it and don't let it worry me. I also have Raynauds and usually sit on my hands to warm them. Hey, it works for me...

December 9, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member Hm! I forget far too often myself my wife would say it was selective hearing ! As time passes she now goes oh! I forgot ha ha!

January 29, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@PJwoweie. We bruise easily because our skin has become thin. When oxygen is low we forget things because not enough oxygen has been pumped to the brain. Oxygen is pumped to the priority organs furst like the geart, liver,kidneys etc and lastly to the brain and muscles. This is because we need a good healthy organs to live. Forgetting things because the brain is low in oxygen or our muscles getting weak will not kill us.

January 28, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wallins Creek, KY