Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
December 16, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I know a number of people who did have the surgery and had excellent results. Usually they averaged 15 FEV1 percentage points above their previous FEV1, all but one got off O2 completely for anywhere from a couple of years to over 10, all had improved quality of life. If you go to a center where they know what they're doing and meet the very stringent requirements for the surgery, you have a good chance of having a really good result.

December 19, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was wondering I have 26% lung usage may have to ck that out

December 23, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I live in Toronto Ontario and I am have lung reduction surgery in March 2918. I have looking forward to his. I have done a lot of research and I have the head of thoracic surgery doing my surgery. I know my quality of life will me much improved.

December 21, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks for replies but am in the UK have read lits of conflicting things in the internet so thought I'd ask if anyone has had it done and about recovery etc xxx

December 17, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Temple Lung Center in Philadelphia does it.

December 16, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Essex ontario

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Jose, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
madison.wi