Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Tulsa, OK

I recently returned a portable concentrator because its pulse settings failed to stop my breathing attacks once they have begun and decided the oxygen was better for me when I had breathing attacks. What do you think?

December 18, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am finally after two months getting a portable concentrator that is not pulse but continuous. It weighs seventeen pound but comes with w a pull carrier. The pulse one did nothing for me. My physical therapist said it was doing nothing for me during exercise treadmill and etc my 02 wsstill droppinf. Could not get it to sync with my breathing during exercise

December 19, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@ JudyHarrington when using oxygen tanks you may use a continuous flow or a pulse dose gauge connected to the tank and cannula in your nose, the pulse dose oxygen (1-5) settings comes out as you breathe in through your nose. The continuous flow gauge is set to flow on your setting continuously. You may check with the more knowledgeable people on this site there are many of them. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

December 24, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

what is a pluse concentrater I have a machine a big one that makes oxygen I have a long tube but still

December 23, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am on Advair and Incruse,both powder inhalers, also xopenex rescue inhaler, and xopenex nebulizer 4 times a day and oxygen 24/7 and I am on 3 lieters. I still have a hard time I get panic attacks I pick something to look at and do pursed lips breathing it takes a bit but it does work.

December 23, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have a problem with pulse as well. If I am short of breath I tend to force the pulse to give more oxygen then I become even more SOB. I still use it though when I run errands. Regular oxygen tanks run out to quickly.

December 20, 2017

Related Questions

View All