Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Las Vegas, NV

My health insurance is taking away Anoro from me and says that Stiolto Respimat is the alternative for me. Does anyone, anyone at all know about this product, and if it's better or worse than Anoro?

March 6, 2018
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Gramaoreo, with the Advair and the Stiolto Respimat (which you call Inspiolto Respimat), you are getting two LABA doses. You might check with your doc to see if that's what she really intends for you to get. Some pulmos would say that's double dosing on the LABA. Just sayin'........

March 7, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My Pharmacist told me just today, that Stiolto is an alternative for Spariva. It shares the same active ingredient, and most insurances including Medicare are covering it.

March 7, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Insurance companies should not have the right to choose your meds. If they work for you they should let it be

March 15, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was on Spiriva Respimat approximately 9 months. I really liked it .. especially when inhaling.. had no problems getting the dose. Than I was given an Alternative ( Anoro ) to try as took me off of Spiriva due to the fact that I DID NOT have ASTHMA. However, found that I was not feeling that great as they took me off of Advair and Spiriva same time. I sampled the Inspiolto Respimat ( which contains Tiotropium Bromide Monohydrate and also Olodaterol)

Anoro was a possible replacement .. ( I did not like the inhaling as well as the Respimat ). So I resorted to the Inspiolto Respimat 2.5mcg/2.5 mcg per puff. As well as went back to the Advair 125 25mcg/125mcg as the Pulmonologist felt that I needed the corticosteroid.

Since that time, about 2-3 wks ago, I have been feeling just GREAT. I still have my bricanyl rescue inhaler but a big change with the new Respimat and Advair.

Spiriva contains Tiotropium Bromide Monohydrate ... same as Inspiolto but Inspiolto has the Olodaterol too.

Originally changed from Spiriva with the capsule .. as capsules were breaking off large pieces of the capsule instead of just piercing the capsule.

March 7, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Stiolto is an equivalent med for Anoro. They have ingredients that do the same thing: a long acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) and a long acting beta agonist (LABA). They use different chemicals so you may not have as good a response with one as with the other. Hopefully it won't make any difference.

Stiolto contains Spiriva, plus the LABA, so in one sense your doc's right, but there's that added LABA he didn'[t tell you about.

March 7, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Springfield, MA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Seneca, IL