Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Auburn, ME

Although I dont have a few drinks often it seems that when I do My breathing is worse for a day or two .. Is this my imagination ?

May 31, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Nope, it's not. Alcohol is a depressant, and reduces the strength of respiration in most people, so you're breathing is less than normal.

May 31, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Probably is not your imagination and does not mix with any medication. I would imagine you would become dehydrated and that would make it worse.
Easy breathing

May 31, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member...
I never drank alcohol with any dignity, grace or discipline...
I was fortunate I was able to stop when I did or I wouldn't be alive today.
Not everone who drinks is an alcoholic.
My concern re MyCOPDteam members with depression; no amount of alcohol should be consumed if a person takes anti depressants. Bad pairing! Can be dangerous, sometimes, even fatal.
Not my opinion. It's FACT.
SuZz, just sharing

June 1, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

We don't drink

May 31, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

alcohol is a depressant and having a occasional beer is fine. I do have a couple with my husband but it Doesn"t effect me at all.

June 6, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Shirley, NY