Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I have had COPD since 2002 have been on oxygen for 5 yrs I think the lowest I dropped was 83 but that does not happen often
Just Breathe

August 17, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

So sorry to hear what your Dr. told you. I have been dealing with this for 18 years and noone has told me how much time I have left. Only God knows that. I push myself to keep moving every day (and rest a lot). Exercise is very important with this disease, so I try to do as much as possible even if its just walking around the house several times.I feel bad that your doctors didnt encourage you more to stay active. I'm now on a cane and a walker depending on how far I have to walk,but I'm to stubborn to give in to this thing. I will send a prayer for you.

August 19, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

96 is great. Should try to keep it above 90. I do that by constantly checking my level by using a Oximeter.

August 22, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Aida, I was diagnosed with COPD in the early nineties. Put on Oxygen at night mid nineties I think. Then in 2011 I had a flare up and would have passed if I didn't have good doctors. They intubated me and kept me in a drug induced coma for a month to help me heal. When they brought me out of the coma I didn't need oxygen for quite a while but we all know COPD doesn't go away so within a couple of months I was back on oxygen 24/7. Still on it 24/7. I'm still able to take care of my needs and some pleasures so I consider myself lucky. I have learned to pay attention to my body and do what it tells me to do. Sometimes I have what I call a "crash & burn" day which means I usually stay in bed and sleep.

August 20, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Does your oxygen level decrease when you do exercises or getting up from your chair or bed? When I push myself like walking on the treadmill or bicycle my oxygen levels drop and then I need my inhaler or even oxygen. I do not use the oxygen during the day or even at night unless I have been overstressed.
Breathe easier

August 17, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm grade 3 emphysema and just turned 50 this Monday I've 3inhalers but just seems to blow up your belly

August 17, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
NC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Warrington, UK