Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Warrington, UK

So I’ve had my spirometry today I don’t have the results but the lady running through my test did show me at the end. From memory the fev was 106% (how is this even possible?) and the score was 4 point something can’t remember exactly. The fvc (I think) was 96% and the peak flow was also 96% and if I remember correctly the reading was high 700’s then 800’s after inhaler.

Can someone interpret this a little for me? This is all a foreign language!

August 31, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The pick flow readings 700 and 800 is for a normal person results and means your lunge air capacity is good

September 8, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

What I have been given in the USA hospitals is Prednisone. Since using it a couple of times, I have gotten tan dots--discolorations--on my legs; the Dr said they won't go away.

September 4, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I certainly doesn't sound like COPD or any obstructive disease. Without seeing the results entirely, no one can really tell, but the numbers are possible. The 100% is based on norms, so there's always the possibility that one can be above the norm.

August 31, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
111 Parkview court #5, Pekin Il

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Southend-on-Sea, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In