Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Menomonee Falls, WI

I changed from Spiriva Respimat to Bevespi. I thought the Bevespi was great, but after a few days I noticed a big increase in nervousness. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what did you do? Thanks all. Joe

September 1, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The Bevespi contains both a LAMA, like Spiriva, and also a LABA, which is an additional medicine that's a different kind of bronchodilator. It's possible you're reacting to that. Some bronchodilators can cause a jittery, nervous reaction. You might check with your doc to see why the switch was made and tell him the reaction you're having. Is your doc a pulmonologist? If not, you need one who understands the chemical makeup of the meds they're prescribing and why you might be having that reaction.

September 1, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you Sandy. I am sorry to hear your symptoms worsened. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I spoke with my Dr yesterday, and he wasn’t sure if Bevespi created more anxiety in me, or if it was other factors. I’m going to give Bevespi another chance as it worked better than Spiriva. I’ve “only” been smoking for ten years, and he didn’t think that was long enough to cause COPD. So I need to quit cigarettes before it gets worse and now I’m motivated. Thanks for your kind response. Joe

September 5, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

symbicort is the best inhaler..it was for me then after a few years my symptoms got worse and now i am on Trilegy. Breathing still is pretty bad..

September 4, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks what good advice hope you have a good day and breath easy my friend annx

September 9, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You need to accept the disease and refuse to give into it. I was so depressed when I find out I had COPD my father had just past away from it but then I realized I wanted to enjoy whatever time I had left. Yes there are somethings I can't do because I will loose my breathe but there is so much I can do. Please don't let this disease ruin the rest of your life. Friends and family are the most important thing in life get help from your Dr. I hope things get better for you my prayers are with you.

September 7, 2018

Related Questions

View All