Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
March 16, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Everyone has given great information here. You may have good days (or maybe just hours) where you have no symptoms and forget you are living with COPD. You hopefully won't have really bad days or not too many as you and your docs develop a good treatment plan to get things under control. I want to mention I also had a small nodule. It showed up on xray. Then before I had the ct scan it went away, then before you know it, another appeared in another area on another xray...What! That's my attempt for a little humor thrown your way, as sometimes things aren't always as bad as they seem, and I am having a great deal of fun at my medical teams expense because I know they are scratching their heads over me sometimes. Seriously, What I'm finding is that there are so many resources and medical treatments available to make me stronger and slow down the progression of this frightening disease. Knowledge is power and this community has lots of it as well as giving you an emotional boost when you need it. That said, rest assured that since you are here you have already done a lot in improving your outcome.

March 23, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you, I seem to be getting more answers here than my respiratory unit at the hospital.. I was diagnosed last year through a CT scan and was then sent on for breathing tests.. Iv been put on a waiting list for medication from the hospital so my clinic nurse has started me on salbutamol and Incruse Ellipta... I was in hospital with something else when they'd picked up on the copd and emphysema πŸ’ž.. All these questions I will b writing down and will take them to my copd nurse at my clinic and will push them for answers πŸ’ž

March 17, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

First of all, how were you diagnosed and by whom? Did you have a spirometry test or a Pulmonary Function Test? What meds were prescribed for you? And what did your pulmonologist tell you about your specific diagnosis and her treatment plan for you?

It doesn't sound as though you've experienced any of those things, so telling you what lies ahead really isn't possible at this point. You need to know a good deal more about your situation before anyone can tell you what might lie ahead.

My advice? Find a good pulmonologist and get an appointment for a thorough diagnostic work up. Your questions should include: What's my diagnosis and what in my history and test results led you to that conclusion? What meds will you prescribe and what are they supposed to do? How do I take them? Will you work out an action plan for me so I know what to do if I do get something respiratory? And the most important question of all: What can I do to help myself?

Assuming you have COPD, if you don't hear about exercise, diet, healthy eating, take your meds and staying away from people with bugs, find another pulmo.

March 17, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, hi Angie,what iv learned is there is so many different forms of copd,,some ppl suffer slightly others terribly. all you can do is dont smoke,,take all ur inhalers etc but alson exercise, pulomary rehab in ur area would be a good place to start,ask ur respiratory nurses about this...good luck..x

March 17, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

l have never been told l have nodules only after years l have been told l am stage2 what ever that means has for getting a new dr. I would but theres not to many of the drs. that do this kind of work (lungs) that I know of where my insurance takes me.

March 21, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
North Branch, MN