Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Peterborough, ON

Hi! I was "diagnosed" with asthma last year. Reason I put the quotation by diagnosed, was because the PFT results, it said "likely asthma". Since last November, I have had 5 bouts of pneumonia and bronchitis. Always starts as a minor head cold, moves down after 2 days into my chest. I currently have bronchitis right now, on prednisone and Levequin. Last time I had bronchitis (seems to be every other month) I was on prednisone and zpack. 5 days later it turned into pneumonia even with the… read more

June 1, 2019 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Be sure that when you go to the specialist, you take the results of the PFT so they can review it. You may need to have another one done if that one is more than a year old. You might want to discuss the possibility of trying daliresp or azithromycin three times a week to try to reduce those exacerbations. Good luck!

June 1, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Were you ever given any meds for your "likely asthma"? With your history of bronchitis, I certainly agree with your doc that a referral to a specialist is in order. You should ask for a spirometry or a pulmonary function test to determine whether you really do have asthma or if it's COPD or something else. You really need a good diagnostic workup and a major league treatment plan once the diagnosis is confirmed. Give your doc credit for making the referral; many wouldn't have picked up the signs. Let us know what happens.......

June 1, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I try to stay as active as possible, usually moving all day long. I am also short of breath as I eat, which is very annoying lol

June 1, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, I am on many sites and yes it is normal to be this sick. Many are. I hope you have quit smoking. You need to be moving not sitting around. I do exercises in one group and also there are many on You-tube that I do. I also have on that I walk to .. I can't do the whole 15 min. Get SOB. Your PFT is what they use to determine what medicines you need etc. It is also important to take you meds. at the same time each day. Try to stay away from cig. smoke and other irritants as they can affect your breathing.

June 1, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It sounds to me that they are treating you correctly. COPD is an umbrella that cover many lung diseases. Chronic bronchitis, emphasema, and refactory asthma being the main ones. I have asthma but I have always had it. the COPD was diagnosed in 2014 because It can no longer be controlled. Hope this helps some.

June 1, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Washington, DC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jacksonville, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Alberta Canada

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In