We are all different and react differently to medication.
I was on 10mg daily for 10 months. Then ER visit, I learned it cause me heart issues and high blood pressure, along with weight gain. I had to get weened off as much as possible. So the side effects that it describes it real! You need to discuss with your doctor and use only minimum dosage. I weened down to 2.5 mg every other day. But if I go lower I have and exacerbation.
It has its purpose, but have a good talk with your doctor about the dosage, side effects and the possible other options.
Great question! Prednisone is a corticosteroid that doctors commonly prescribe for COPD, particularly during flare-ups. It's typically used in short courses rather than daily long-term use, because long-term use can come with some significant side effects.
Short-term side effects can include
- Upset stomach
- Mood changes Show Full Answer
I just keep it on hand for when I feel a sickness coming on. Then I take it for a day or two to keep on top of not getting sick. Seems to work for me. From what I have been told Doctors don't want you to take it on a daily basis.