Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jackson, MS
September 4, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You mean we can claim disability for this disease? That's news to me. I thought ... oh, well, you know what I thought.

September 4, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

quagis, no you'r not eligible. I suspect you're already getting Social Security anyway, which is usually a bit more than you'd get on disability anyway.

September 4, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks for the tips. But, hey, I'm 74 and haven't been working for almost 10 years, so am I still eligible?

September 4, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Some people have found attorneys who will help them through the Disability maze. That might be an alternative for you. The other thing is to be sure you have filled out all the paperwork completely and accurately. Sometime you'll find that a question you thought wants X as an answer really wants Y, and that can cause hold-ups. So find someone to help you with the interpretation of the questions.

September 4, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glendale, AZ