Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Herrin, IL

Lots of questions about this crap COPD.was diagnosed week ago today..how long have you all lived with it? Are you on oxygen 24'/7? I had chest xray sept 25 and all was good. Had one week ago and WHAM diagnosed. Prescrip for inhaler that counts puffs ready to be picked up. Do you have side effects from that? I am ordering finger oxygen thingy. Had always been 95 to 98 til visit week ago and was 88..is that a moderate or bad stage?
... .

November 11, 2020
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member๐Ÿ™‡๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™Œ PFT Pulmonary function test, ct scans, X-rays, 6 minute walk for the oxygen and also draw blood from your artery to see if you are retaining bad gases. Have them test you for Alpha I. Ask your pulmonologist to explain your results completely and if you think it would help take someone with you to be a second set of ears. We donโ€™t always hear all that is being told to us. God Bless you and Breathe Easier

November 22, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member๐Ÿ™‡๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™Œ Yes you are welcome โ˜•๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’

November 24, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Welcome ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™‡๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ @A MyCOPDTeam Member ๐Ÿ’ you see the arrow in the right upper corner. Click on it it should come down and it has several different things. On mine the top one is add to team. So find a pulmonologist and ask lots of questions. Learn as much as possible about your medication and the best way to use it. Iโ€™m on oxygen as well. Iโ€™m on it at night with my cpap machine. Iโ€™ve been on it over a year now and itโ€™s a wonderful tool. I use it when out walking and exerting myself. It is a learning curve. Knowing what I know now, I probably should have had oxygen a couple years ago. What I thought was SOB I have learned itโ€™s low oxygen. I use oxygen while working in the yard. Mowing and carrying out my trash to the curb.
Use your oximeter to learn the difference. Itโ€™s so helpful. God Bless you and Breathe Easier

November 11, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had always had 96-98 oxygen. Could one day automatically drop to 88?

January 24, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

92 is alright...88 is way too low...time for the inhalor...no bad side effects at all just good feeling believe me...

December 15, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Hamilton, MT

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In