Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hoquiam, WA

I am on 3 ltrs oxygen 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I don't feel like I need oxygen all the time except when I am exerting myself. When I am sitting or sleeping my oxygen's levels range between 90-94. Why use oxygen when my levels are in normal range?

August 13, 2021 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was on oxygen 24/7 I started doing breathing exercises walking without oxygen and my oxygen level stayed at 95 without the oxygen so my lung specialist took me off during the day only I am on oxygen at night time only I have been off of oxygen during the day for one year.

August 13, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I found out that I have Afib and that makes my pulse go up. Also I had to adjust my blood pressure medication. I would mention it to your doctor. Better to be safe than sorry.

August 24, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member I check mine regularly these days 85% if off oxygen sitting, my demand for more oxygen is increasing when I am out walking Barnaby 🐕

August 19, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Assuming that you don't have heart problems, a heart rate of 105 isn't anything to get concerned about unless you're well into your 80s. If you do have heart issues, then your cardio should tell you what's safe for you and what's not. That said, if you're trying to get along on no O2 when it's been prescribed, you're really taking chances. Low O2 sats get you brain damage, right heart failure and probably other heart issues as well. The lower your O2 sats go, the higher your heart rate goes trying to get O2 to those areas of the body that are failing. If you've been prescribed O2, use it! It's a medication, just like your inhalers and other meds. Your doc prescribed it because you don't get enough O2 to keep your body going on room air. It's the ONLY med that has been proven to extend life......so use it!

August 18, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm on oxygen24/7on 3L if I walk 20ft my 02 goes down to 83 if I remove my oxygen and walk the same distance my 02 goes down to72 or lower I've been using oxygen since 2004 and I've become more depended on it. I sleep with a c pac that has my oxygen hooked up to it I depend on oxygen to survive

August 14, 2021

Related Questions

View All