Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Amarillo, TX

why is it I feel like my o2 is really low and Im huffing trying to breathe but o2 is at 95? heart rate usually is elevated at 110 when that happens

October 22, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Glad Im not the only one, thought I was crazy for a bit ha, thanks

October 24, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

When your O2 sats are good and you're still really sob, it's usually because you're trapping air. Don't turn up your O2 if you use it; it won't do any good. There are two things you can do when this happens. As long as your O2 sats are good, you can keep on doing whatever you're doing for as long as you can and you won't do any harm, unless your heart rate goes higher than it should. The other thing you can do is start doing pursed lip breathing and either slow down or stop until you've recovered.

October 22, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have the same problem. I have no idea but if I’m really active my heart rate & blood pressure go up. Mom short of breath but my meter says I’m 95. Let’s hope we get an answer.

October 24, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

thank you very much Jean very helpful

October 22, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

does your heart beat that fast if your not on meds? Im on oxygen all the time too

October 22, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Colorado Springs, CO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Albrightsville, PA