Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mocksville NC 27028

I was on Boats for 16 years and have been diagnosed with COPD for 20 years. Recently was hospitalized for an exacerbation and am looking toward asbestosis as a source of my problems. Just wanted to know if there are outhers so I can pick your mind about process etc. Thanks

November 25, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Bill, I served on a nuclear submarine during the 70's and now have COPD. Although I smoked I also feel that the exposure to asbestos during the time I was on board contributed to my current condition and am currently in the process of researching and submitting a disability claim with the VA. It will be interesting on how it works out...

April 23, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

VA assigned me 100% disabled with service connected COPD. Will examine the benefits soon.

May 23, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have completed "jumping though the hoops" and am awaiting the results! Will let you know.

May 9, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Got a VA appointment next week!

November 26, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'd look for a class action suit to join, easier than going it alone! Good luck to you.

November 26, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
York, NE

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Herefordshire

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In