Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
East Saint Louis, IL
December 10, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If I’m very sob I can’t eat much it makes me breathless.

December 23, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My husband is having a problem eating.Bloated quite badly at the moment.He has had gut issues for a long time,doctors don't know.
I just suggest scrambled eggs ,oatmeal maybe toast.

December 12, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sometimes problems with appetite are much more problems of capacity in the stomach because the diaphragm is pushing on the stomach, creating less space for food and a feeling of having overeaten even if not much was actually consumed. Many people with COPD who find themselves in this situation do much better trying to eat six small meals, more like snacks, than three large ones. The difficulty with this approach is to be sure the snacks are balanced. Working with a dietitian or nutritionist to develop a whole variety of snacks and can be mixed and matched can be very helpful.

December 11, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yep. but Im 70 too

December 11, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

No I don’t have that problem and I’ve had COPD FOR 15 years, you may need to visit your Doctor
Eric UK

December 11, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
East Saint Louis, IL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
East Saint Louis, IL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bloomington, IN