Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
River Bourgeois, NS

This is my second cold and once again my heart rate and oxygen levels are scary. If I walk 10 feet my heart rate can get up to 119 and my oxygen 84. Is this normal?

March 17, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Call you Dr and get out the prednisone

March 18, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Give your doctor a call and talk about the situation at hand as the same can happen with me as the heart is trying to get oxygenated blood through your system,heart rate increases and oxygen level drops as it has helped me to take a few deep breaths before I get up, or, you could be like me and as I see the woman I love my heartrate goes up and she has always taken my breath away , but please call your doctor.

March 17, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member increase your Ventolin use. If you had a nebuliser you would be having 20 doses at once, so it's safe to have several more than usual. Anxiety will make you breathe shallow, trick it by deliberately breathing out deeply.. Remember your pursed lip exercises..
That should help get your sats up.
119bpm is not dangerous..just equivalent to cardiac exercise.
πŸ˜ŠπŸ€

March 17, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I agree @A MyCOPDTeam Member, your My Chart would be the same as my LiveWell. I can contact any of my doctors and get an almost immediate answer. A life saver for me not being able to talk and all! @A MyCOPDTeam Member you are on my list of long lost people to contact, so I was very happy to hear from you today in spite of the fact that you are having problems. I hope you get an answer real soon!

March 17, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi dear, my oxygen is always low. Just got out of the hospital Saturday for COPD flare Up. The doctor at the ER told me i have to increase my oxygen to 4 and they gave me another puffer called BREZTRI . I feel much better

April 5, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Cedaredge, CO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Cedaredge, CO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Albrightsville, PA