Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Courtenay, BC

Anyone have a lung biopsy and what to expect?

April 28, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was blessed to have a double lung transplant last August '22. The best way to test to make sure the lungs are not being rejected is a lung biopsy(Bronc) every 3 months. This is the canary in the coal mine so to speak. It a painless routine where they take very small samples in several spots in my case. The give me sprays of a numbing spray in the nose. Then I have to gargle (some nasty tasting, haha) numbing liquid for my throat. Then the surgeon slips a small wire down my throat for the samples which I barely feel. I find it to be not a horrible procedure which is vital for my recovery.
"Breathe free my friends"

April 29, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm glad your still here to tell your story Eric. You have me jealous that you get banana flavour and I get paint removal flavour. Lol
Sometimes we have to laugh and push through!
Take care my friend.
Jeff

April 29, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Jeff
What we all need is a positive mindset
Have a Good day
Take care
Eric

April 30, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had a lung biopsy in 2015 I had a banana flavour inserted up my nose and throat and then a fibre camera in served in my nose down to my lungs where they took several specimens which in my case proved I had Lung cancer had the op and things went well.
My thoughts will be with you
Take care
Eric

April 29, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

No but I wish you happy breathing.

April 29, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Indpls, Indiana

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rolla, MO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭