Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Indpls, Indiana
June 22
 · 
Reactions
MyCOPDTeam

What a great question to bring to the community! A lung biopsy is a procedure where a small sample of lung tissue is taken to help doctors get a clearer picture of what's going on in the lungs. It can be done in a few different ways depending on the situation.

Here are the most common types:

- Needle biopsy β€” A needle is Show Full Answer

What a great question to bring to the community! A lung biopsy is a procedure where a small sample of lung tissue is taken to help doctors get a clearer picture of what's going on in the lungs. It can be done in a few different ways depending on the situation.

Here are the most common types:

- Needle biopsy β€” A needle is inserted through the chest wall to collect tissue
- Bronchoscopic biopsy β€” A thin, flexible tube is passed through the nose or mouth into the lungs
- Surgical biopsy β€” A more involved procedure done under general anesthesia

For someone living with COPD, a lung biopsy might be recommended to get more detailed information about lung tissue changes or to rule out other concerns.

It's always worth having an open conversation with your doctor about why a biopsy is being suggested, what to expect, and what the risks might be β€” especially since COPD can affect how well the lungs handle certain procedures.

Many MyCOPDTeam members have been through similar experiences and can offer personal insight and support. Posting on your Activities page is a great way to hear from others who truly understand what you're going through! πŸ’™

June 22
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Back on subject;
I have not had a needle biopsy. I have had 4 Bronchoscopies and one Surgical biopsy.
It is a simple procedure and they are very common so there is very little issues.
I know it is worrisome and concurring. But there is nothing to be worried about. It is out patient and over in 4 hours. Every time I have had it done, for 2 or 3 days I have breathed better than I have in years.
It is best to know for sure what is going on in the lungs.

June 24 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I had one last year as a part of a clinical trial

June 23
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have never heard of it and I would be very careful before I buy anything that isn't prescribed by your doctor @A MyCOPDTeam Member. Do lots of research on it. Chris 6/24/26

June 24 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@LauranceJohnWilliams Don't hijack someone else's question with your own. post your own question in the Q&A section.
This all goes in an archive and doesn't need to be confused with something not relevant to the persons question.

June 24

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Rolla, MO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Louisville, KY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Collingwood, ON