Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
lancashire uk
May 7, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I've used 02 for the last 13 years, and I live a very complete life. I fly all over the US and Canada, I live independently, I see my grandchildren and play with them, I travel by car regularly, go to church, do my own shopping and go to major conferences on COPD and other lung issues. It does take some planning, but it's not impossible. I use liquid 02 at home, a concentrator and tanks when I travel to other places, and a POC for flying.

May 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@LindaLyson2 it's a pain but get the portable home fill

May 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The great thing about filling and using the tanks is they are silent. My portable is noisier than I'd like, but the possibilities for charging are great too. This will sound dumb but I am actually afraid it filling the tanks. πŸ™ƒ

May 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Get the best portable 02 concentrator they will give you or you can afford to buy so you can continue doing as much as you can of the things you enjoy. Try not to be self-conscious when you are out, and with my Inogen G5 I have 10 hours of battery. I bought it as a present to myself when I got out of the hospital last year and feel so lucky to have it now that I actually need it to do just about anything. πŸ˜ƒ

May 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I've been on oxygen for 4 years now. It limits what you can do. I can't do house work. Having to wear oxygen 24/7 is frustrating

May 7, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
North Olmsted, OH

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Grand Forks, BC