Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pretoria, ZA

I have had a flair-up for almost a week now. Battle after 4 in the afternoon until 2 in the morning with an oxygen level below 65 in the morning. How can I get rid of excess phlegm from my lungs? I am on antibiotics and prednisone.

June 6, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If I was still a paramedic and was called to your home I would definitely take you to the ER. They have stronger medicine and they will make you more comfortable. Be safe not sorry. Please go. This is my first time on My COPD Team. You have me commenting already.

June 6, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

65 is a very low level, are you sure your oxymeter is correct? I have three finger type and they sometimes give me false readings. With level that low, you sure would be fighting to catch your breath. I sometimes feel like I have sob but check my oxymeter readings and they are in the mid 90's. Stress is a big contributor to shortness of breath.

June 6, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Would urge you to see a doctor or go to the ER.65 is very dangerous to your vital organs.what readings are you having now?

June 6, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You need another opinion; 02 levels of 65 are not good. See your doc or go to the ER, one or the other. Get rid of the bug, then the mucus will begin to respond to things like mucinex, lots of water, huff cough, aerobika or acapella, percussion and postural drainage.

June 6, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Have you tried nebulising?

June 19, 2023

Related Questions

View All