Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

What breathing exercises can you recommend

February 23, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Essentially, it's breathing in through your nose followed by a long exhale through your mouth. To do it properly, try to keep your exhale at least twice as long as your inhale. We are told that you must inhale through your nose, but you can inhale through your mouth. It's a technique that helps a lot during exercise and increases the time you can go without being too short of breath. Many people learn it and use the technique all the time. If you google the term pursed lip breathing, you'll get more YouTube hits that you could look at in days. Most of them are pretty good.

February 23, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It's actually called pursed lip breathing. I don't know how it's done since I don't need it yet, but I'm sure someone else will give you an explanation. I would try to explain it, but I don't want to give you wrong information @A MyCOPDTeam Member

February 23, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Purse breathing I learned that in rehab!

February 23, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My texting is horrible. It's just called exercises. For your lungs

February 26, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you have the internet, there is a thing you can go to our lady. Does Ashley lung exercises? I do them every day and it takes about 40 minutes, but it's literally so good for your lungs. Keeps those muscles around your lungs good

February 26, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bury, UK