Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bury, UK

I was born Asthmatic in 1948 by 1955 I had bronchiectasis. I am within days of my 70th birthday but I have had a poor year, on two separate occasions I have needed two sets of antibiotics as well as steroids
I have an annual Lung Function test with my Practice Nurse but can't remember the last time I saw a Consultant or had an x-ray. I do know it was before 2002. I don't feel as 'right' as I usually am, much more short of breath with frequent nasty pointless coughing fits which exhaust me
How… read more

December 18, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm beginning to think that drs, especially specialists, just tell us that we're really bad with our COPD just so they can sell us equipment and meds to get a kickback from Big Pharma. I've had COPD for 18 years and do have problems with my breathing, of course. I am on oxygen, dr says to use it 24/7, but I don't believe I could sleep with something on my face, so don't use it at night. I don't have all that equipment to keep track of any numbers or anything and I'm beginning to think I'm dealing with this better than others who do all of that. The bad signs from the equipment seem to cause anxiety and stress for those who keep track. I don't have all that. Since I've been on this site, what anxiety and depression I was dealing with is gone, now. I still have the usual daily stressors, finances, too many demands from my animals, etc., but none from my COPD. I was planning to start seeing a pulmonologist, but think I might put that off a while and see what happens.

January 11, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I see a consultant every 6 months have lung function test at same time

December 28, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Get a referral and see a pulmonary dr right away.
Good luck

Easy breathing

December 19, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Go see your doctor and ask for referral to see a consultant.

December 18, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I would request to see a Consultant in light of the changes you're experiencing. You need t have someone really experienced and skilled to review your situation, give you a diagnosis and prescribe appropriate medications. How often you should see a Consultant may not be as important as seeing one NOW when you need to know what's going on, what can be done and what your options are.

December 18, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hull, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cardiff, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Illinois City, IL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In