Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Morse, LA
June 3, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

All the time!! I'm now on oxygen but I have to be careful and use my inhaler and wear my oxygen in the shower and I try not to have the water too hot. I also leave the door slightly open to let the humid air out.

June 4, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@MyCOPDTeam users... I learned ALL these tricks from people on this site and use all of them. This site and ALL the People here have Taught me these tips Which made Life SO much Better. Showering was once Scary. It has been Fine now for a Couple Years!! TY ALL!!

June 6, 2024 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes! I use the oxygen over the shower rod. do not use hot water, and it is the reaching up over your shoulders that take the most wind out of you. So do it in stages and take your time. It helps me, but still have to rest fora while after. Oh, and use a Terry robe to save drying off.

June 4, 2024 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

https://youtu.be/SvATna0mzCg?si=OFZVfLDKtXG1VG-3
Previous tips included, here are the real Pearls:
1. SINCE you are already on Oxygen, your Doc just gave you permission to turn it up a notch (or two). Just throw the line over the shower rod to prevent any tangles and falls.
2. A ceiling fan may also help. Leave the bathroom door and a window open if possible. You will find that a soft air flow will help at other times too when you feel a bit SOB (Short-o-Breath). Rolling a window down in the car relaxes our breathing. Even in the Wintertime. πŸ€”
3. Do all this when you have company or family around in case of distress. Pace your breathing while you move your arms and bend to wash. That's the part really wearing you out. Throw on a soft terry robe to dry off ( instead of a towel ). That is your parachute. IT will help you recover quicker in the end. 🏁
be Well.

June 3, 2024 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I just have baths. Less humidity and I don't have yo stand up

June 3, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Georgetown, IN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Port Monmouth, NJ