And which do you have and what are the Pro's and Con's.
Thanks for any info.
You have covered everything very well. The only thing i would add is Medicare will pay a large portion on both units.It does take a perscription from your Dr to the Durable Equipment Provider befor the Insurance will pay.
I have an Inogen Portable and a Home unit. The Portable is a pulse system not a constant oxygen flow system. It is not as good as continuous flow but it does get me from point A to X, Y, and Z.
It takes a bit of 'getting used to' breathing with the pulse. Somehow it seems to know when you are going to take a breath and it shoots out the Oxygen, then nothing until your next inhale.
The Unit is not heavy and can be carried over the shoulder, by hand, or in a proper backpack that makes sure that it is fully ventilated. My back is twisted so I carry my Portable Unit in a basket on my UpWalker.
Recharging is easy at home or on the go, in the car or truck. Very easy to maintain, There are a couple of small filters to clean and something called 'columns'. They make the Oxygen Magic happen and last for about 18 months which depends upon how much usage. My last ones lasted over two years and I did use my Portable quite a bit.
There are two different batteries, a single and a double. A single battery comes with the Unit, and I have purchased two double batteries. On 1Lt of Oxygen the double battery will last 10 hours. The single I believe would last about five hours. I am up to 4Lt now and 5 Lt on bad breathing days so my double batteries are getting around 3 hours, give or take.
Changing the batteries, on the go, it also easy. I make sure that I am breathing well, sitting down, have the second battery ready to go, and that the bottom of the fabric case zippers are open. I turn off the Unit, pop that battery out, pop in the fresh battery, start it up and start zipping up the bottom of the case that the unit is in. All without missing an 'oxygen beat' (almost).
I don't know what else I could tell you but if you have any questions please feel free to reach out.
Have a great rest of your day!
I will check the insurance company this tomorrow
And thank you.
I have had a portable unit for 5 years and yes they do help me. For me I try to watch my o2 levels and use just to maintain
insurance compays wont tell you to pay first 200.00 dollars first on medical supplys ,,first ,,,,