Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
June 4, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Oh yay!! I'm so happy for you. What other medications are you taking? There is a preferred order in which to take them with Ohtuvayre. Also, what stage emphysema are you, or do you know? It would be helpful for all of us if you would complete your story, so that we can know how to give good advice! Thanks for letting me know that you are now using this new, great Ohtuvayre with good results.

June 5, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi @A MyCOPDTeam Member. I've been using Ohtuvayre for about 6 months, and I can't say enough good about it. It has made my breathing much easier. I just finished reading all the patient information regarding this med and no where is DEATH mentioned as a possible side effect, that's not to say that you didn't read it somewhere. Don't be afraid of it. Give it a try for a month or so for it to fully kick in and I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the results. It doesn't really cause a dramatic fast change like albuterol does, but it does help with symptoms such as: wheezing, coughing, chest tightness, shortness of breath and it decreases inflammation in the lungs, which can lead to breathing problems. I took this info straight from the patient information sheet, but I can attest to the accuracy of these statements!!
There is always a potential of very serious side effects to any medication we take. Im super sensitive to all medications and find some that I just can't tolerate, but unless there is an obvious allergic reason for me not to try something that will improve my breathing, I'm willing to at least give it a try.. The pharmaceuticals have to list any minute chance of side effects for their own protection. I have a number that you can call for any questions that you may have concerning this med: (Phone number can only be seen by the question and answer creators). Perhaps they can explain the side effect of death more clearly to you. I really don't think your doctor would recommend something that has a high probability of death. My pulmo claims that all her patients that are using Ohtuvayre are very happy with it. Best wishes with your search for clarity with this med.
Hugs.....

June 4, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I called them and asked. They said to take my BREZTRI one hour apart . I take in 2. I'm one of those people that if something can happen it will happen to me . I have no idea where or what stage I'm in. It's so depressing that I really just hope for good days. Do as much as I can. I don't want to think the worst. I'm trying to stay positive and not dwell on it.My Pulomary Dr. Supposedly is one of the top Dr's. In the state. So I do what I can. Do as he says. I wake up and say to myself "what kind of day am I going to have" Hope for the best. I was really sob exhausted etc. I was given prednisone cough medicine nasal sprays . Nothing much worked. Time for my CT scan. Shows my right lung was full of bacteria. I was so sick I really thought this is it for me. Was put on antibiotics. So I have no idea what stage I'm in just that I was in hell for about 6 months. So like I said I hope and pray for good days.

June 6, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good, @A MyCOPDTeam Member, glad you got the death scare clarified. It's up to you make a decision now....

June 4, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks for replying. I threw in death because that what a reaction feels like. I called a spoke to pharmacy. She said if you have a reaction do a dose the nextday.Then normal 2 aday. Oh I asked if anyone died. She said No. I've had sob reaction from nebulizer meds. It's pretty scary.

June 4, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Subscriber asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
111 Parkview court #5, Pekin Il