Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
June 29, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Sandra. Below is one of the most thorough recounts of trying to eliminate a PA infection. Everything said so far is also relevant. It is persistent and can be very dangerous if not addressed aggressively. Unfortunately it may also get yo a point of being manageable only and never cured. You should insist on connecting with another INFECTIOUS DISEASE Specialist and eliminate all possible trigger sources in.your Environment.

See here:
https://www.bronchiectasisandntminitiative.org/...

be Well

What is pseudomonas? Has anyone experienced pseudomonas? If so, what was the treatment?
What is pseudomonas? Has anyone experienced pseudomonas? If so, what was the treatment?
June 29, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sandra, the resource that Roland recommended is a very good one. Also, I was wondering if you’ve had a bronchoscopy?

June 29, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I do have COPD which, although I became more limited, I managed to live with and continue to do most things I always did, in moderation, until Wegener's disease entered my life. It is always hard to say which is causing what but I know that I am now about 30% of the level of function I was prior to that. I spent the last 1.5 years working hard at rehab and building back my strength. I hadn't used supplemental oxygen at all for several months until this latest exacerbation. I actually feel fortunate compared to so may here. I find these setbacks quite frightening. Trying to stay calm and stay positive which I usually am able to do. I so feel for you walking around with that horrible infection. You must feel like a time bomb. Thanks for asking about me.

July 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you, Kathleen. Unfortunately, I have had it for 7 years and it doesn’t look like that is going to change, I have been able to manage it thus far with one hospitalization due to a virus. Thank you for your reply. Do you have COPD? What type?

July 12, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have not but it is something docs worry about. I have an autoimmune disease that leaves me so immunocompromised and this sounds really hard to treat w/o that added to the mix. I hope you can get some good care and be treated for it effectively for it Sandra.

July 12, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wellingborough, UK