Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
July 3, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, it can and will happen! 😯

When your O2 levels drop below 87% your body goes into survival mode. In order for it to protect its most vital organs. This means that only your lungs, heart, and brain will get the oxygen in your blood. All other organs loose blood supply and control. Usually once it get into the 70's your body will release your excrements. Normally starts with peeing yourself, but if serious enough you will shit yourself, especially if it is near time.

So without knowing your stage and severity of your condition. You are going to need to have an oximeter on hand and keep an eye on how low it goes. If it gets to 87 or below. you need to take the tripod stance and do PLB [you can learn abut it in the resource section.] to get your O2 levels back up. If they do not go up within 5 minuets, go to the ER. Are you on oxygen? You might need to be while walking.
Remember; Every time it is below 87% you are doing damage to your other organs.

On a side note; Because you mentioned sweating twice now on your posts. I would recommend you see a cardiologist. Because if it is with increased heart rate you are having a heart issue. Do you have a pulmonologist? Or a cardiologist? I am not a doctor but just speaking from experience, sounds like you need to get looked at.

[ FYI for Everyone; I wish people would fill out their story and treatments so we would know your situation and condition, in order to help you better.]

July 3, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

https://youtu.be/jEHwB1PG_-Q?si=On5P274jqUzt84eN

HI Nancy. I used to post about the F/F Response all the time but many BOO'd me as Fanciful and UNrealistic. IT is a proven Medical and Psychological reaction with known outcomes.

While THIS is not medical advice, it's comforting to watch the video again and realize we have more control than it seems. WE can get ready to GO - before we go. 🤔 🏁 A bathroom break before you leave home will help to delay a #1 or a #2 BUT Snacking in the car (or a lunch stop) will reduce the amount of time until the next one tho. While oxygen may eventually be needed (or increased) this video reminds US that too much Oxygen can be a BAD thing too. Check with your Doc on that one.

be Well.

July 5, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yeah the gummies I tried had THC, never again lol. Mid eighties I did enough coke to drop an elephant, years later blew my knee out, thousands of,pain pills, then went to heroin for a little over a year, big mistake. Been clean of everything since Feb 14, 2003, also our wedding anniversary, my anniversary present to my wife

July 14, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was pretty much homebound for approximately 4 years due to panic attacks from SOB. The amount of energy and focus required to regain control was astounding (lots of fun in public). My doctors would look at me with a blank face and offered no solutions. I told them I kept a change of clothes and shoes in my car for bladder control issues due to panic attacks.. One doctor finally put me on a very small dose of lorazepam that I take sparingly. I felt like the world was mine for the taking! 😃

July 4, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, CBD-only gummies have no psychotropic impact to mess up your mind. Check your bottle of gummies, and if there is any THC listed, please go shopping and get CBD-only gummies or oil-filled capsules.

In my case, I’m a control freak and was researching gummies for years before they were recreationally legal in California. I used the salves and topical sprays long before I ingested anything because I was raised to always feel guilty, even if I’d done nothing wrong, and I didn’t want to be leaving Las Vegas, NV, and get stopped driving home across the border to CA where it wasn’t legal.

I am a big fan of legislated manufacturing vs local mom and pop dispensaries own brands as they can shortcut the testing under their medical license to sell THC infused products. While I had only used the products from The Apothecary Shoppe in Las Vegas, once it all became legal for recreational use in CA I started checking out the larger branded lines like:
- papa and barkley
- quanta (now named “aelia”)
- and the now-discontinued The Vitamin Shoppe CBD+bioperine oil filled capsules

In my case, my feet cause a lot of pain, so I use a topical salve or spritzer / spray on those areas, and found the Quanta CBD spray on my chest really helped me relax and breathe easier.

While the rx’s are fine as an anti-anxiety medication, don’t give up on the other versions besides ingestables as you might find the relief you are seeking via CBD-based products.

Monday, Noonish, 14-JUL-25

July 14, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Port, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Huntington Beach, CA

MyCOPDTeam asked a question 💭
San Francisco, CA