I do not have low oxygen levels, however I am extremely out of breath if I try to do anything. Quite often eating will cause me to be short of breath, when this happens inhaler offers little to no relief. Really effects my quality of life, which in turn effect my mental health
Even in middle of breathing issue my oxygen level remains above 90
I have been diagnosed with COPD, Asthma and Emphysema all three and told my lungs are getting fuller of gunk.
Is there something else I shouldโฆ read more
Hi Glenda and Welcome to this Forum. ๐
IF you are under the care of a specialist in Pulmonary Medicine, that doctor will help guide you with the specifics of your Respiratory condition(s).
Asthma and COPD can also overlap (as ACOS) with other "ordinary" maladies, like Heart and Circulatory problems.
Without trying to sound like a doctor, many dealing with "COPD" for the first time often report feeling "Breathless" - even when the OX ygen meter says your saturation levels are in range. But if you look at the other number - heart rate - it is likely through the roof!. This is a sign that the โฅ๏ธ is working over time to keep Oxygen supplied throughout the body.
Keep notes of these events and just allow yourself more time to "get UP and GO". It is NOT a race any more. ๐๏ธ๐
Your Doc may also approve a Respiratory Therapy program for you to learn how to build up endurance and use proper breathing techniques to combat that 'ol SOB (shortness of breath) during every day activities.
be Well
Hi Glenda in your first question not everyone is on oxygen with COPD I have Stage 2 COPD no emphysema and do not use oxygen In the later stages as it progressives the majority of people will need supplemental oxygen although there is some people on this site that do not use oxygen This disease affects each of us in many different ways some of us progress faster than others In my case I do pulmonary exercises 7 days a week 20 minutes a day and take my meds Trelegy Ellipta 200 daily and Duoneb as needed I also have a rescue inhaler which I rarely use Exercise and proper diet is a must The longer we stay Idle the worst this condition will get I also stopped smoking last year after 40 years of smoking if anybody continues to smoke then you are doing more harm to your lungs and quality of life I would suggest to you to ask your pulmonologist what would he recommend for you since he knows your medical history hope this answers some of your questions Wishing you well One breath at a time