Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fond Du Lac, WI

Just judging from the few answers I have seen, I think AI is doing a great job of answering; very clear.

July 23, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared a range of opinions on the new AI answers feature, with some finding the responses clear, quick, and useful for general... Read more

Members shared a range of opinions on the new AI answers feature, with some finding the responses clear, quick, and useful for general information, while others urged caution about trusting AI without verification. Several members pointed out that AI answers may not always cite their sources clearly, can occasionally be incorrect, and cannot replace conversations with doctors or real people with shared experiences. A recurring theme was that AI is a helpful starting point, but members encouraged always checking reputable sources like Mayo Clinic or Cleveland Clinic and consulting a doctor for any serious health concerns.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't completely trust the internet either @A MyCOPDTeam Member. I tried looking up safe foods to eat with chronic kidney disease and I got so any different answers I just gave up. I will listen to my nephrologist. Thanks for your input Victoria; I'm always curios to know what people think of something new. Hugs, Chris
July 24, 2025

July 24, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I like talking to a human here, but I think AI is good for getting information and opinion about specific situations and procedures.

July 23, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

🙃As long as the answer is true, does it matter that it is from AI? Of course for critical questions you must consult your doctor.

July 25, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good question to post Chris!
I think they’re good for a quick answer. But for in depth answers, we need to dig deeper with our doctors and research.. I did see once on this forum , where AI answered someone’s question . And the answer was not completely correct. When I Google something online, AI will always have the first answer at the top of the page. Then the more through and scientific links below that, like Mayo or Cleveland Clinic, etc.

July 24, 2025 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I like AI up to a point, but I also know it has a tendency to make things up. I think I prefer the chance or option to speak to a real person with shared experiences as well.

July 23, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glendale, AZ

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glendale, AZ