Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
May 12
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared a range of opinions on AI-generated responses to health questions, with most agreeing it can be a helpful starting point but... Read more

Members shared a range of opinions on AI-generated responses to health questions, with most agreeing it can be a helpful starting point but not a replacement for real experience or professional advice. Several members described using AI to decode complex medical terms, research clinical trials, or find information about rare conditions like Spinocerebellar ataxia, with one member finding more answers in an hour than from years of doctor visits. A recurring theme was that personal experience and human connection felt more trustworthy, and most members emphasized always following up with their doctors after consulting AI.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi @A MyCOPDTeam Member and I don't know a lot about AI but I'm very reluctant to fully trust it. It can be difficult to decipher between reality and AI sometimes. My doctor informs me now that his visit is being recorded by AI and says it is deleted in 60 days and seeks my approval first which I feel I must approve. Not too keen on high tech AI and other things like banking on cell phones. Take care, my friend and had to add my penny's worth!!🤣😀 John Tues PM

May 12
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Great question @A MyCOPDTeam Member. They are like a paraphrase Bible. It is a starting point for me to understand very complex medical terms. But I always talk to my dr about it for sure.

May 12
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I try not to interact with Al just not my thing.

May 12
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Guess I really never gave any thought to it. But I would be lead to believe in most cases it's true and factual. Take away the personal and human feelings and input. Unfortunately as much as I do not like the way technology is taking over and destroying human culture in the world. Guess we just need to learn to accept it.
Have a good evening all.

May 12
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The AI answers are informative to be sure but nothing speaks like experience.

May 12

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fond Du Lac, WI

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glendale, AZ

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭