Answer Summary
Members overwhelmingly encouraged someone feeling intimidated about using supplemental oxygen outside for the first time, with the recurring... Read more
Hi @A MyCOPDTeam Member and I second what @A MyCOPDTeam Member had to say!! One foot in front of the other!! I would only look at you funny if you were smoking while on oxygen on like these younger ones with their arses hanging out of their baggy pants with no belt! Sorry!! That to me is embarrassing! You have a portable unit like the Innogen? If so, you have no excuse not to get out and live your life!! My thoughts, fwiw!! π€£ John & Staley πβπ¦Ίπ Hope you get out and grace others with your presence!!! Have a good weekend, my friends!!
So happy for you @anConverse! I know you will enjoy he freedom of movement without dragging the tank around behind you! Chris
August 21, 2025
@A MyCOPDTeam Member, and everyone who commented and encouraged me about my question about supplemental oxygen and a concentrator vs. tanks, I just found out that I will be getting a portable concentrator in a few weeks.I imagine that will make a big difference in my mobility and hopefully my health π
THANK YOU ALL,π
I call my portable oxygen my sidekick & I try to go out somewhere every day without it I would be locked at home like during the pandemic & I never want to be in that position again. The freedom it gives you is a good feeling & it could be a lot worse without it
Please, don't let people deprive you of living life to the fullest, the way you want to live. Treat your oxygen as an accessory, no different than as if it were your purse you were carrying. And if they stare, Make eye contact and Smile Big! you'll fine that they will be the ones embarrassed for staring. Again please don't let people take you pride in yourself away from you! Breathe Well, SMILE!
I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I just love being outdoors, a Nature lover and a gardener, and people too! Just hoping that some of my attitude might encourage you to take that first step with courage and confidence, and yes that's me in the picture on the walking trail by my home and yes a lot of people use it, and at first a few stars but so many more encouraging words,and I found a lot of new friends!
I hope you find what you need to fuel Your Courage!
Your Friend
Breathe Well My Friend!
SMILE !