Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 10, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members came together to support someone asking how long flare-ups last while on a Prednisone course, sharing that flare-ups typically last a... Read more

Members came together to support someone asking how long flare-ups last while on a Prednisone course, sharing that flare-ups typically last a few days to a week, with most feeling better within the first few days of treatment. Several members shared helpful strategies including using calming teas, anxiety medications, breathing exercises, increasing nebulizer treatments every 4 to 6 hours, and completing the full prescribed course of medication. A recurring theme was the importance of staying calm, keeping the mind occupied, and checking in with a doctor if symptoms are not improving.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

I started using this a couple of months ago, really helps getting the mucus up and out, Sue got it on line. I actually think it's helping my lungs.

August 12, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Have you increased the nebulized breathing treatments. I have always preferred my albuterol abd ipratropium bromide which I can mix and increase up to every 4 hours if necessary. I also have budesonide fir nebulizer too. It's less expensive and more versatile getting them separate and mixing them. You can go from daily rx to three times a day. Or every 6 hours and in really bad cases a day of every 4 hours like they do in the hospital.

August 12, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Whenever I have a flare up. It’s usually the next day I am feeling better. Prednisone and doxycycline.
Then usually feel fine for about 10 days. Usually don’t even feel like I require puffers on second day.

Feel better soon.

August 12, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I live in France, and I was in another hospital and the Doctor in charge, who spoke very good English, said that the medical professsion had warned the French government 14 years ago that there would be a 'tsunami' of respiratory patients coming in the future. The Government's response was zero. So, nowadays all the beginning of the tsunami of patients end up in the Emergency which wasn't designed for this purpose. It's the old story, 'short-term gain', 'long-term disaster' a problem with Governments all over the World.

August 11, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Chlorhexidine is the name of the rinse but it is a rx you can get from your dentist. It's also great if you get infected gums. This stuff is great! Take care of yourself.

August 14, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Virginia, IL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chatham, IL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
NC