Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Clearwater Beach, FL
September 26, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sounds like you and I think about the same way Rick. When I quit smoking this last time 13 or 14 years ago, there was no trouble at all staying quit, because I was unable to pull smoke into my lungs w/o pain. Didn't even know at the time that I was sick. A miracle that I was just Stage 2.
But one thing I remember saying to myself is, 'You're letting some paper and a few ground up weeds run your life.' It sort of made me feel foolish. Not to tell anyone else how they should feel or act; we have to find our own way.
Hope your day is being good to you.

September 29, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

But I am confused about this question. Is it from Rick or the Copd Team? And who is supposed to answer? confusing.

September 28, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

No, I am not personally concerned that my breathing isn't better. As @A MyCOPDTeam Member said, I would rejoice that it's no worse. I sure don't like admitting this, but it is, after all, a progressive illness.
Having said that, people can improve their breathing, depending on how they exercise, breathe and take care of themselves. It's just something we can't take for granted or expect. Sounds like you're doing well.🎈

September 28, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have been pretty good myself. Couple ups and downs nothing serious thank god.See my lung doctor in a month for another breathing test will know more then. Happy to here you are doing ok keep it up.

September 27, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I exactly the sane as you & yes several friends passed on from other illnesses

September 30, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
111 Parkview court #5, Pekin Il

A MyCOPDTeam Subscriber asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
yonkers westchester, NY