Well are you smoking? There has to be a reason you're having a lot of mucus, it is your lungs way of cleaning out. Is it clear, or colored? Is it thick or thin? Have you discussed this with your pulmonologist yet? All this makes a difference, and you could be sicker than you know.
My doctor recommended MucinexDM for my excess phlegm. But we all react differently and doctors prefer different medications. I have learned that Mullein tea to tincture helps me just the same and is a whole lot less expensive.
*But you should always check with your doctor before taking any other medications or herbal supplements.
I am also bringing up clear phlegm and now taking Musinex. I hope it helps.
I quit smoking 4 years ago. The mucus is now getting worse.
"How can I manage excessive mucus production with COPD?"
Guaifenesin, an over-the-counter expectorant, can help manage chronic mucus production associated with COPD. This medication helps thin and loosen mucus, making it easier to clear from your airways.
Here are some additional tips to help manage mucus
• Stay well Show Full Answer